You are probably aware that the eThekwini Municipality now requires compliance with SANS 10252-1 when submitting plans where municipal water service is to be utilised. The ‘Guide to Building Application Water Layouts’ is attached
In terms of Regulation 509 of the Water Services Act, compliance has in fact been compulsory since 2001.
The course has now been made more user-friendly, in the following ways:
- The information is presented in the same sequence as the newly released eThekwini Guide to Water Layouts
- The Pressure Loss and Pipe Sizing pro-formae have been streamlined, and one uniform pro-forma is now used for all calculations
- The ‘Exam’ questions are based on the example building forming part of the eThekwini Guide
- Certain additional sections of SANS 10252-1 have been relegated to ‘Private reading’ status; other sections which seemed important in 2014 are now recognised as plain boring, and have been omitted.
- Revising of wording, over and over again, has resulted in the audio-visual component being easier to understand
You are invited to attend this presentation, with the promise that after it, reticulation calculations will no longer be a mystery.